Taiwan Instrument Research Institute
Privacy and Security Policy
Taiwan Instrument Research Institute, National Applied Research Laboratories (hereinafter referred to as “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.tiri.narl.org.tw/ website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
II. Collection, Use and Protection of Personal Data
- We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes related to our Service.
- The server will automatically record the information such as the web page viewed by users and the IP address connected. It is only used for statistical analysis about the number of visitors and the rate of clicks. The analysis of the behaviors does not focus on individual users. The data is only manipulated by the authorities to improve the quality of our Service.
We are obliged to protect your privacy and will never sell, exchange, rent or disclose any of your personal data to other groups or individuals. Except in the following cases:
- (1) To cooperate with the legal investigation of the judicial unit.
- (2) To cooperate with relevant authorities for investigation needs.
III. Tracking & Cookies Data
- The cookies recorded on our website do not contain sufficient information to identify your personal identity, and only record information such as the personalized service settings required when browsing the website (e.g. browser language).
- Our server can only read the relevant cookies of your activities on our website, and cannot read your activity records on other webpages.
IV. Modification, Insurance and Risk Taking of Personal Data
- Our customer service platform provides a convenient interface for users to update, correct outdated or incorrect personal data, and to use our online customer service. Once you have registered as a member, you can use your personal member account and password to modify your personal data and protect your privacy at any time. If there is any doubt about your password, you should immediately change the password or notify our service personnel. Otherwise, the consequences of the responsibility should be borne by you. In addition to the personal data you register when logging in, your personal information registered in other promotions and public activities is covered by this modification.
V. Link to Other Websites
VI. Newsletters and Emails
- After users subscribe our newsletter, a newsletter containing the service information will be delivered to the subscribers every month, and the latest training course information will be sent occasionally. The e-mail will be clearly indicated to be sent from us, and it will also show the way how to cancel the subscription.
VII. Website Security and Rules
Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change the Service and related information offered by us is strictly prohibited and may violate the law. For the security purposes, we provide the following security measures to ensure our Service can continue to be provided to all Internet users:
- To use network intrusion detection system to monitor network traffic to block unauthorized attempts to upload or change webpage information or vandalism.
- To set up a firewall to prevent illegal intrusion, destruction or theft of data in order to avoid illegal use of the website and protect the rights of users.
- To install anti-virus software, regularly clean the virus and provide instant security protection to provide uses with a safer web browsing environment.
- To perform regular vulnerability scanning and source code detection and to provide appropriate security defense measures.
- To perform daily backup jobs and back up all data to the host.
- To install appropriate patches in all our server to ensure system security according to the advice provided by the relevant operating system manufacturer or application vendor.
- Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change the Service and related information offered by us is strictly prohibited and may violate the law. For the security purposes, we provide the following security measures to ensure our Service can continue to be provided to all Internet users:
VIII. Changes To This Privacy and Security Policy