Taiwan Instrument Research Institute
Privacy Protection and Website Security Policy
"Taiwan Instrument Research Institute Center" (hereinafter referred to as the TIRI) Official website (hereinafter referred to as TIRI website) has established a privacy protection and website security policy (hereinafter referred to as policy) below in accordance with the spirit of the "Personal Information Protection Act" and "General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR". The policy describes the collection, processing, and protection of your personal information.
I. Scope of application:
II. Collection of personal information categories, purposes and methods of use:
Browsing the website:
- When browsing, querying, and other activities on this website, the website server will store several relevant records, including your connected IP address, time, and webpages… etc. TIRI only analyzes the total behavior of all users and does not identify and analyze individual users.
- TIRI will not disclose information it obtains from cookies to any third party. You may choose whether to enable cookies in your browser's settings and the level you are willing to accept cookies.
- If you choose to refuse all cookies, you will not be able to use some personalized services, or participate in certain activities on the TIRI website.
- If consultation or business contact with this website is needed, use the contact information provided, such as telephone, fax or e-mail, to contact TIRI relevant department and staff. Please provide the correct telephone, fax number or email address in order for us to respond to your enquiries.
- If you have an e-Newsletter subscription requirement, this website will ask you to provide the correct e-mail address for sending the e-Newsletter.
- Browsing the website:
III. Time period for personal information usage:
- The personal information collected by TIRI is only used during the time period listed in the table below. TIRI will delete or dispose of any personal information in an appropriate and safe manner after the time period expires.
Type of personal information Purpose of Collection Time Period Phone, Fax, E-mail Consultation Reply or Business contact Provide consulting business contact period Send the e-Newsletter Until the date you cancel the e-paper subscription Cookies, IP address, time, and webpages Browsing the website Business duration
IV. The territory in which personal information is used:
- The information collected by this website is stored on the website server and transferred to TIRI ’s location (Taiwan).
V. Personal information sharing with third parties:
The TIRI is obligated to protect your privacy and will not sell, exchange, or lease your personal information to any other organization, persons, private corporations or government agencies, except for the following situations:
- in accordance with the law;
- to cooperate with legal investigations initiated by judicial authorities, such as to protect against, investigate and stop fraud and unauthorized or illegal activities;
- to cooperate with in investigations or applications by competent authorities in accordance with their duties;
- to determine your identity, to provide contact information or to take legal actions, when necessary, if you violate the service terms of TIRI, or are likely to jeopardize or interfere with the interests of TIRI or result in damages to any person;
- If the website is outsourced to a supplier for maintenance, TIRI will fulfill the responsibilities for supervising and managing the supplier.
- The TIRI is obligated to protect your privacy and will not sell, exchange, or lease your personal information to any other organization, persons, private corporations or government agencies, except for the following situations:
- After gaining your consent, the website will send e-newsletters through e-mail, which will contain some commercial information. Besides specifying that the e-mail is sent by this website, the e-mail will also provide a way for you to stop receiving the e-Newsletter.
VII. Links to other websites:
- The policy is only applicable to the TIRI website, which may contain hyperlinks to other websites or web pages not belonging to TIRI. Users may link to these external websites through the TIRI website. Regardless of whether these websites have their own privacy protection, website security policy or the contents of such policies, TIRI’s policy is not applicable to those external websites.
VIII. Website security measures and regulations:
Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change the services and information provided by TIRI is strictly prohibited and may violate the law. This website provides the following security measures to ensure the security and prevent the interruption of its services:
- A network intrusion detection system to monitor network traffic, in order to verify any unauthorized attempts to upload or change the information on web pages or sabotage.
- A firewall to prevent illegal intrusion, sabotage, or data theft, in order to prevent illegal use of the website and protect users' rights and interests.
- Anti-virus software and periodic scans for viruses to provide users with a safer browsing environment.
- Periodic scans and appropriate security defense measures.
- Daily backup operations to back up all data onto a remote server.
- Automatically receive security protection e-mail notices sent by an operating system or application developers and install appropriate patches according to the e-mail's suggestions.
- Any unauthorized attempt to upload or change the services and information provided by TIRI is strictly prohibited and may violate the law. This website provides the following security measures to ensure the security and prevent the interruption of its services:
IX. Individual rights:
- When contacting TIRI, queries must be made in writing or via e-mail, specifying the type of rights concerned, contents, and contact information. If the above-mentioned conditions are not met, the request procedure will have not been successfully completed and TIRI may notify the person involved to provide additional information. The request procedure will only be completed once the required information is provided, and the processing time will then be calculated. This is to prevent infringing the rights of the person involved due to insufficient information.
- Please call or e-mail your requirements to relevant staff for details on how to exercise rights over the above-mentioned personal information (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
You may submit an application to TIRI to exercise the following individual rights:
- the right to make an inquiry of and to review personal information: You may inquire and review your personal information collected, processed and retained by TIRI.
- the right to request a copy of the personal information: You may request to make duplications of your personal information collected, processed and retained by TIRI.
- the right to supplement or correct the personal information: You may request to supplement or correct your personal information retained by TIRI.
- the right to demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of personal information: You may request TIRI to discontinue collecting, thereby halting or restricting the processing of your personal information, but only when you are no longer using TIRI’s services. When you request objections or restrict the processing and use of personal information (including but not limited to e-newsletters or marketing promotion, etc.), TIRI will continue to store your personal information according to the retention period, but will not conduct subsequent processing and use.
- the right to erase the personal information: You may request TIRI to erase your personal information when the specific purpose of personal information collection no longer exists, or when the retention period expires.
- the right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw consent to TIRI’s processing of your personal information at any time.
- the right to the restriction of processing: You may request TIRI to restrict the processing of personal information based on improper processing circumstances.
- the right to object to processing: In terms of compliance with GDPR, you may object to TIRI’s processing of your personal information.
- the right to data portability: According to the personal information that you provide based on your consent or contractual agreement and which processed by an automated means, you may request TIRI to provide your personal information in a format that can be received and processed by general information systems. For new service providers, you may copy, transfer, and import your personal information for your new service provider quickly, safely and completely.
X. Contact information:
- If you have any questions or concerns about the above terms, please send an e-mail to the TIRI service mailbox: email@example.com. You may also send a written letter to the following address:
Taiwan Instrument Research Institute
20, R&D Rd. VI, Hsinchu Science Park, Hsinchu 300092, Taiwan
Receiver: Services & Promotion Division
XI. Modification of privacy protection and security policies:
- In order to achieve the goal of protecting privacy and online security, TIRI website Privacy Protection and Website Security Policy may be amended from time to time in accordance with any amendments to the laws and developments of relevant technologies. Whenever TIRI Privacy Protection and Website Security Policy is amended, TIRI will immediately display a notice on our website to provide you the opportunity to review the changed terms prior to continuing the use of the TIRI website.
- (Last updated on Jun. 30, 2021)